Simple Interest

Simple Interest - Class 8 Mathematics (CDC Nepal)
MM
NEPAL

Math Mantra Nepal Edu

CDC Class 8 Mathematics | Unit: Simple Interest

Review & Background Concept

In daily financial transactions, when a person or institution borrows money from a bank or individual, an extra amount of money must be paid for using that borrowed money over a period of time. This extra payment is called Interest. When the interest is calculated uniformly only on the original principal amount throughout the entire loan period, it is known as Simple Interest (SI).

CDC Class 8 Note: Simple Interest calculations assume the rate of interest remains fixed throughout the given time duration.

1. Principal (\(P\))

Definition: The sum of money borrowed, deposited, or invested initially is called the Principal.

Appropriate Unit: Nepalese Rupees (NPR / \(Rs.\))

2. Time (\(T\))

Definition: The total duration for which the principal amount is borrowed or deposited.

Appropriate Unit: Years (\(T\) in years).
*If given in months, convert: \(T = \frac{\text{months}}{12}\) years.

3. Rate of Interest (\(R\))

Definition: The interest charged or paid on \(Rs.\,100\) for a period of one year.

Appropriate Unit: Percentage per annum (\(\% \text{ p.a.}\))

4. Amount (\(A\))

Definition: The total sum returned or received at the end of the time period. It is the sum of Principal and Simple Interest.

Appropriate Unit: Nepalese Rupees (NPR / \(Rs.\))

Essential Formulas (LaTeX Form)

Simple Interest (I)

\( I = \frac{P \times T \times R}{100} \)

Principal (P)

\( P = \frac{I \times 100}{T \times R} \)

Time (T)

\( T = \frac{I \times 100}{P \times R} \)

Rate of Interest (R)

\( R = \frac{I \times 100}{P \times T} \)

Amount (A) - Method 1

\( A = P + I \)

Amount (A) - Direct Method

\( A = P \left( 1 + \frac{T \times R}{100} \right) \)

Principal from Amount & Rate/Time

\( P = \frac{A \times 100}{100 + (T \times R)} \)

© Math Mantra Nepal - Class 8 Mathematics Reference Portal (CDC Curriculum)

Designed with LaTeX math typesetting for clear visual understanding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog